Real Estate


Casey Electrical Service have vehicles in the city at any time during business hours. We pride ourselves on being able to reach your property in the shortest possible time. What makes us unique is our diligence in organising maintenance with your tenant and ensuring that your property manager has all information to hand for you and should you require information for VTAC, we are able to provide that to you.

We have been servicing Real Estate agents for 12+ years and therefore really understand the requirement of maintenance in the City and Suburbs.

As a Property Manager, your job is hard enough already without having to chase up trades! Our job is to communicate with you and keep your tenants and landlords satisfied that maintenance is being actioned. We value communication and keep you informed about our dealings with tenants and especially when maintenance is arranged.

As a new property manager partnering with our business, we provide a detailed procedure manual regarding how we complete maintenance and how we correspond with you. Our experienced team has experience with and in property management and is available to provide you with information you require. We also welcome new ideas to ensure our service remains completely relevant to you and is always the best.

Contact us to discuss how we can enhance your business with regard to maintenance.


We understand the values of landlords as we wear two hats ourselves ie as a service providers and landlords. The secret to a successful investment property is a great manager, a happy tenant and good trades who look after your interests. You obviously have obligations to meet regarding the safety of the property and your tenant(s). Expediting contact with tenants when maintenance is requested is imperative. Immediate action means the tenant has no recourse on the maintenance item. Communication with both the tenant and the property manager and with you if necessary is the key to successful rental. We also are very diligent at keeping your costs as low as possible. The eating away of rent with maintenance costs is not prudent

Smoke Detectors

Since 1st August, 1997 Victorian Law states that smoke alarms (complying with Australian Standards AS 3786) must be installed in all homes, units, flats and townhouses.*

It is the legal responsibility of all owners and landlords to ensure that there are working smoke alarms in each property. The following applies:

  • Residential homes constructed before 1st August 1997 need only 9 volt battery powered smoke alarms installed
  • Residential homes constructed after 1st August 1997 must have smoke alarms connected to 240 volt mains power.  In addition a back up battery must be installed in the smoke alarm
  • Casey Electrical can ascertain if the correct Smoke Detector has been installed in the correct location in the property.  This also entails whether the smoke detector is the correct type for the location ie ionisation or photoelectric.
  • Casey Electrical use and recommend PSA Lifesaver products.  We “choose” PSA products as they are in our opinion the best in the market as well as being made in Burwood, Victoria.   They are also approved to latest Australian AS3786 standard and Activfire listed as well as modern slim-line designs.  Our clients have an obligation to have installed and maintain superior working smoke alarms to protect themselves and their tenants as well as maintaining prestige aesthetically pleasing residences.

Ionisation Smoke Alarms (PSA Lifesaver 5000)

  • Dual chamber Ionisation Technology
  • 240V 9VDC battery back up  Photoelectric Smoke Alarms (PSA Lifesaver 5800 & PSA Lifesaver 5800RL)

Photoelectric technology

  • Suitable for near kitchen installation
  • 240VAC 9VDC battery backup
  • Insect screen over sensor
  • RL has lithium rechargeable battery

Casey Electrical will attend your property to check the smoke alarm on your request.  We also routinely check Smoke Alarms free of charge should we attend your property for other maintenance.

Safety Switches

Appliances that we use in our everyday lives can cause us harm. Faults with these appliances or with wiring can prove fatal. A Safety Switch can help save a life by monitoring and turning off power through a circuit within 0.03 of a second should it detect a fault. A Switchboard mounted safety switch provides the necessary protection for your home or investment property. All power and lighting circuits can be protected. Switchboard mounted safety switches must be installed by a registered electrical contractor, therefore should your property not be protected Casey Electrical Service can assist. An aging property may also require a switchboard upgrade to enable safety switches to be installed. Dont hesitate to discuss this requirement with our Electricians.

Data Logging

Have the power bills for your property increased? We can perform tests at your property to ascertain how much power is being used at a particular time and provide you with a detailed report on power usage.

Pre-tenancy Testing

Prior to a new tenant moving in to your property it is prudent to perform a test on all the electrical work at the property. This will ensure that not only all the lights are working, the smoke detector has been tested and the safety switch is working but will also provide you as a landlord with comfort that the relevant sections on the Condition Report have been covered. This testing can be performed for the cost of a basic call out.

Fuse Remain Vacant Testing

When the power supply to a property has been turned off for a period exceeding 12 months, an Electrical Contractor must attend the property to perform the necessary checks and issue a Certificate of Electrical Safety. This testing can be performed for the cost of a basic call out plus the cost of the certificate ie $10.00.

Electrical Safety Inspections

Should you be unsure or concerned regarding the electrical safety of your property, don’t hesitate to contact us regarding an inspection.

Tenant vacating your property?

If you are an existing tenant and have an electrical issue, the best course of action is to contact your Property Manager and they will issue us with a maintenance request that authorises us to complete the electrical maintenance on behalf of the property owner.

Are you leaving the property and need to restore all lights, switches etc to how they were when you moved in to the property. The first step is to refer to your condition report. We can attend to change lamps which you have been unable to access. These might be ceiling, wall or range hood lights. Simply call or email us and we can perform a vacate check for you.

Scroll to Top